Conditions for purchase
1. Lots will be allocated to the highest bidder.
2. The price will be increased by 16,67% due to intermediation fees charged by the auction house and the corresponding VAT.
3. The auctioneer will be the person appointed by ALCALA SUBASTAS* for this purpose and will be the sole judge when it comes to allocating the lots and their auction prices. If a lot poses allocation problems in relation to the auction price or identity of the purchaser, the auctioneer will decide the allocation or may auction it again during the same session.
4. Bids are established according to the following scale:
From €50 (8,319 pts.) to €100 (16,638 pts.)...................................... €5 (832 pts.)
From €100 (16,638 pts.) to €200 (33,277 pts.).................................. €10 (1,663 pts.)
From €200 (33,277 pts.) to €500 (83,193 pts.) ................................. €25 (4,159 pts.)
From €500 (83,193 pts.) to €1000 (166,386 pts.) ............................. €50 (8,319 pts.)
From €1000 (166,386 pts.) to €2,000 (332,772 pts.) ........................ €100 (16,638 pts.)
From €2,000 (332,772 pts.) to €5000 (831,930 pts.) ........................ €250 (41,596 pts.)
From €5,000 (831,930 pts.) to €10,000 (1,663,860 pts.).................... €500 (83,193 pts.)
From €10,000 (1,663,860 pts.) to €20,000 (3,327,720 pts.) ............... €1,000 (166,386 pts.)
From €20,000 (3,327,720 pts.) to €50,000 (8,319,300 pts.) ............... €2,500 (415,965 pts.)
From €50,000 (8,319,300 pts.) to €100,000 (16,638,600 pts.) ........... €5,000 (831,930 pts.)
From €100,000 (16,638,600 pts.) to €200,000 (33,277,200 pts.)........ €10,000 (1,663,860 pts.)
From €200,000 (33,277,200 pts.) to €500,000 (83,193,000 pts.)........ €25,000 (4,159,650 pts.)
From €500,000 (83,193,000 pts.) upwards ....................................... €50,000 (8,319,300 pts.)
In any case, depending on your experience, the auction house may vary the bidding system in specific cases.
5. ALCALA SUBASTAS* will accept bids in writing up to 14:00 on the day of the auction. These bids must be formalised on the forms provided for this purpose in the auction house, with the lot number always appearing on the description. In these bids, the auction house will represent the purchaser up to the maximum indicated in their offer, allocating the lots at the lowest price possible. If there are two offers for the same amount, priority will be given to the one submitted earliest.
6. ALCALA SUBASTAS* reserves the right to accept telephone bids depending on the criteria it deems appropriate, always with prior submission by the client of sufficient guarantees to also be formalised in the forms provided by the room. An order to make a phone bid means the bidder agrees to cover the starting price as a minimum. The room is not responsible for the lack or loss of telephone contact. In this case the room covers the starting price by the bidder.
7. ALCALA SUBASTAS* may not accept bids from customers whose solvency has not been duly proven, nor shall items be allocated to them.
8. Information on the lots published in the catalogue reflect the criteria of ALCALA SUBASTAS*, and as such, must not be considered as fact. Purchasers must form their own opinion prior to the auction and for this reason, the items to go on auction are exhibited publicly for a period of seven days in advance. ALCALA SUBASTAS* will not accept any responsibility as regards the accuracy of its catalogues.
9. The lots purchased by the buyers will be delivered in the state observed in the exhibition, without accepting returns for restorations, damage, cracks, etc.., although they have not been listed in the catalogue. Therefore only sales cancellations will be accepted, when the objects have suffered some kind of damage from the day the exhibition closes and the seven days following the auction. In the case of the sale of watches, we do not guarantee the proper functioning of the machinery, even when we indicate that it is in working order, as this indicates that it can run but it may not be accurate.
10. Payment and collection of the lots shall be made no later than seven days from the auction. ALCALA SUBASTAS* shall not be held responsible for any damage caused to the objects after this term:
- - After this period, custody and storage costs of € 2 per day per lot will be charged.
- - The customer must pay all bank charges if payment is made by bank transfer, accepting only those transfers in which the amount received matches the sales invoice.
- - Collection of the acquired objects will be made at the offices of ALCALA SUBASTAS* Buyers must be responsible for organizing the transport of the lots, in the event they could not pick them up personally, as the shipping costs must be borne by the buyer and any loss or damage that may occur during transport is their sole responsibility.
- - After one month from the auction without the buyer having paid and collected the awarded lots, ALCALA SUBASTAS* may cancel the sale without prejudice to the corresponding legal actions and with no right of the buyer to any claim.
11. PERMISSION All clients must find out themselves if the pieces they have purchased need exportation permission, CITES or other permission before being taken from the room. It is the client's responsibility to pay the fees in each case. It is the client's responsibility to obtain permission. If permission is not given or there is a delay in obtaining it, this shall not not relieve you from making payment for the piece, which must be paid for within 7 after days after the auction.
12. CONDITIONS FOR FOREIGN BIDDERS. The customer must provide a certificate of solvency issued by their bank, indicating the following points:
- 1. The customer's history in the bank is satisfactory and dates back several years.
- 2. Their economic capacity is sufficient to cover the payment of any invoices resulting from purchases in our auction house.
13. Our payment methods are:
- 1. Bank Transfer
- 2. Credit Cards:
You can pay by these methods:
- - Online (Secure Payments)
- - In our room
- 3. Cash (under Article 7 of the Law 2012/07, of October 29th)
- 4. Cheques issued by Spanish banks
14. Any litigious questions which may arise between the parties in relation to the interpretation, fulfilment, effects or termination of this contract, shall be expressly submitted to the Jurisdiction of the Courts of Madrid capital, where relevant, expressly waiving their own jurisdiction if it differs.
15. RIGHT TO ADMISSION
ALCALÁ SUBASTAS* reserves the right to admission based on its own criteria.
* Registered trading name of SUBASTAS SALAMANCA, S. L.